Disclaimer: Content is created by iFred’s team of editors. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
It has been a tough couple of years for our youth. Between the global pandemic, civil unrest, and world events outside of their control, our children are experiencing hopelessness at unprecedented rates, with over 50% of young girls in the United States alone experiencing persistent states of hopelessness.
We also know that hopelessness predicts weapon-carrying on school property, violence. Self-harm, addiction, and more.
Yet we are never taught how to proactively manage hopelessness, and activate hope.
Every child deserves to start the new school year off with HOPE.
Ensure every child knows the “how-to” of hope by asking your church, school, after-school programs, clubs, parents, and even police precincts, to teach the Hopeful Minds curriculums. In honor of the new school year, the curriculums have been updated to include:
- The latest research on hope and mental health
- The Five Keys to SHINE for Hope, an easy mnemonic to teach kids of any age the critical hope skills they need to thrive (Stress Skills, Happiness Habits, Inspired Actions, Nourishing Networks, Eliminate Challenges)
- New activities to better teach hope skills based on feedback from parents and educators
The Hopeful Minds curriculums and resources are free for download at www.hopefulminds.org/curriculum. Paperback versions of all the curriculums and hopework books are also available for purchase on Amazon or for wholesale at Ingram Content Group. 100% of the purchase profits go directly to iFred, a 501(c)(3), and the Hopeful Minds program.
The current Hopeful Minds curriculums include:
- Hopeful Minds Overview Educator Guide: Three, one-hour lessons that introduce the “what,” “why,” and “how” of hope.
- Hopeful Minds Overview Hopework Book: Workbook for students designed to supplement the Hopeful Minds Overview Educator Guide lessons. The Hopework book is also included in the Educator Guide itself.
- Hopeful Minds Deep Dive Educator Guide: 16, 45-minute lessons and delve into the skills needed to create, maintain, and grow a hopeful mindset.
- Hopeful Minds Deep Dive Hopework Book: Workbook for students designed to supplement the Hopeful Minds Deep Dive Educator Guide lessons. The Hopework book is also included in the Educator Guide itself.
- Hopeful Minds Parent’s Guide: An introduction to hope that gives parents the tools they need to implement hope language and skills in their homes.
Whether you are a parent, a teacher, a youth leader, or just a concerned citizen, you have the power to inspire hope in youth in your community and around the world.
Speak Your Mind