Who We Are
Schools for Hope is a project targeting 5th grade students designed specifically to teach HOPE. We do this through a research based curriculum of lessons, stories and activities which explore the concrete actions one can take to create their own hopeful attitude.
Why hope matters.
A recent study published in the Journal of Adolescent Health suggests that 1 in 9 children attempt suicide prior to graduating high school with 40% of those in grade school. Hopelessness is a primary symptom of depression and leading predictor of suicide, making it a threat to students around the world.
Brilliant research supports that HOPE is a teachable skill. Help us #teachhope by supporting Schools for Hope, and by implementing our Hope curriculum, so we can help these students become their most vital and hopeful selves.
What you can do.
We need your help! Please help us show kids that no matter what life brings, there is always HOPE. Below are some ideas on how to get involved, and feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to brainstorm or suggest more:
- Join our advisory board to help expand the program.
- Review our curriculum and provide feedback.
- Find schools to test the program.
- Share stories of hope on our iFred social networks @ifredorg #sharehope #teachhope
- Sign up for our e-mail news to get updates on our progress.
- Sponsor the program or donate money to help us expand the initiative.
- Translate the lessons into other languages.
- Create public service announcements.
Thanks so much for your generous support!
The curriculum lessons and resources are available for free and may be downloaded directly at www.schoolsforhope.org. A full curriculum kit is also available by contacting us at email@example.com.
Each kit contains:
- All ten lessons printed in color with student worksheets
- Resources including Signs and Symptoms of Depression in Children, Guidelines for Educators, Guidelines for Families, and Who to Call sheets
- Social and Emotional Learning Standards (IL) and Benchmark Information
- Information on Harvesting Sunflower Seeds, Sunflower Seed Packets, Schools for Hope Garden Sign
- Chicken Soup for the Soul in the Classroom textbook utilized as a resource for supplemental stories and activities at the end of each core lesson
- Click here to download your free Schools for Hope sign: SchoolsForHope_sign_4