Fields for Hope is a project developed to use the sunflower as a positive symbol of HOPE for the 350 million with depression worldwide. The more we work to raise awareness, start conversations and educate people in a positive and hopeful way, the better our chances of ending stigma and encouraging treatment. We all deserve to live a life of mental health and wellness.
- You can dedicate your current sunflower field, or reach out to your local farmer and ask to have a sunflower field dedicated to the cause.
“Can you please put up a sign honoring the 350 million around the world needing some extra symbols of hope?”
- Share photos of the farmer and field and share with us on Facebook, Pinterest, and Twitter using the hashtag #planthope #sharehope.
- Sunflowers serve as a symbol of light and hope for the 350 million people living with the treatable disease of depression.
- Sunflowers grow towards the sunlight with their faces tracking the sun. We need those with depression to seek light instead of responding to the natural instinct of hiding in darkness during a depressive episode.
- iFred believes this symbol, if used similarly to the pink ribbon for breast cancer or red dress for heart disease, can serve as a much more hopeful and positive universal icon for depression survivors.
For a Fields for Hope sign, simply click the link below.